The Snowflake has landed in Universal Studios Hollywood and has brought back our friends from Who-ville, new and old! “Grinchmas” is included with park admission and runs daily from November 28 through Sunday December 29. To prepare, I made this super easy Cindy Lou Who headband.
- Red and White pom poms
- pipe cleaner for ribbons
- White fleece or felt cut into 4 ovals
- stuffing like cotton balls or fiberfill
- glue gun
Measure a couple centimeters above the ear and mark with a pen. Glue gun the circles together and stuff with stuffing. Glue ovals to headband letting the bottom hang over the ears. Glue the pom poms onto the headband.
Add as many ribbon details as you like! I chose pipe cleaner so the bow will stand up.
I pieced together the Cindy Lou Who costume with a red gingham dress and a red half circle cape. You can even use a red tree skirt and attach ribbons to the collar!
The Martha May Santa costume was purchased from Target. It’s super sparkly and over the top, just like Martha May Whovier!
What’s New at Grinchmas Universal Studios Hollywood
New this year is the all-new, state-of-the-art, topsy-turvy “Grinchmas” tree that twists and turns over 55 feet in height. The custom-made tree is adorned with hundreds of ornaments and thousands of sparkling LED lights and choreographed to music to brighten the merry “Grinchmas” Who-lebration.
Dazzling “Grinchmas” tree lighting ceremonies that take place every evening, accompanied by a snowfall flurry, bring this annual favorite to life, creating a festival of fun fit for The Grinch, his faithful dog Max and a roster of Who-ville Whos (Pro tip: Line up at the main Whoville entry gate a half hour before the tree lighting to enter. First tree lighting happens at 5:30 and occurs every half hour). There are some new Whos visiting Hollywood for the first time!
Tips on Meeting Characters
Of course, meeting the Grinch himself is a must-do if you visit Whoville. Lines can be extremely long, especially during peak season, but there are several things to do with minimal lines or no lines at all!
- Meet Max the Dog–he’s a real animal actor!
- Many Whos roam around and do not have lines. Be prepared to play! We also met Cindy Lou Who who was roaming around and did not have a line.
- Check out the cute Grinch decor like this Grinch snowman
- Write ways how your heart grew 3 sizes
- Eat all the Who Foods! This Grinch Donut was available in the Whoville area and was a steal at only $7.99. The Whoville Who Hash (tator tots, corned beef, cream of mushroom soup, onions and peppers) was found at the quick service restaurant “Hollwood and Dime” for around $10 and came with the take home can.
“Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will also transform for the Holiday season.
- Seasonal decor to each storefront and a light projection spectacular to bring the the iconic Hogwarts™ castle to life.
- As night falls on Hogsmeade village, “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle” illuminates Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with colorful imagery and impressive dimensional animations that dance across Hogwarts castle in tandem to a musical arrangement from the Harry Potter movies.
- Holiday themed songs from the a cappella Frog Choir
- A wide selection of custom-made Christmas ornaments created especially for “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will be available. Collectibles include a decorative Hogwarts castle snow globe, Hogwarts crest and mascot ornaments representing each of the four houses, wizard card ornaments, unique tree topper and house pennant garland.
- Holiday-themed fare and hot Butterbeer further complement the overall experience.
With so much to see and do at Universal Studios Hollywood, the California Neighbor Pass makes the perfect holiday gift, providing guests with the opportunity to experience 175 days of fun for $149 when purchased online. Visit www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for more details. Blackout dates and restrictions apply.
Admission to Universal CityWalk is free. More information available at www.CityWalkHollywood.com.