Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival is the annual food-inspired event that celebrates the very foundation of California’s first theme park: the boysenberry! Boysenberry Festival runs daily from March 20 through April 21 and is included with theme park admission. At the Boysenberry Festival, you will find various Boysenberry themed food and drink offerings, special entertainment, and limited time character opportunities (I heard the Easter Beagle hops on by!).
Knott’s Berry Farm offers a variety of food packages that include different menu items from the Boysenberry Festival.
- Boysenberry Festival Tasting Card: $40 ($38 for Season Passholders) includes 8 tasting tabs that is good for 26 select food and drink items at designated stations
- All Day Dining Plan: $31.99. Includes an entree and a side every 90 minutes from a select menu at select locations. You will hear me refer to these as “Meal Plan Eligible” items
- All Day Dining Premium: $42.99 (only available online at knotts.com). Includes a “meal plan” entree and a side OR a select snack (like pickle, cotton candy, popcorn, ice cream) every 90 minutes. Also includes a refillable souvenir bottle that entitles you to free soft drink refills every 15 minutes for the day. You can also bring the souvenir bottle back for $1 refills through 2020 ($15.99 value)
- All Season Dining: $135 (for Season Passholders only). Includes a “meal plan” entree and side 2 times per visit, 4 hours apart. If you are a Season Passholder who visits Knott’s Berry Farm frequently, I highly recommend adding on all season dining. This does not include the All Season Souvenir drink bottle which can be purchased separately for $31.99
Boysenberry Festival Tasting Card
Tasting Cards can be purchased in person or online at Knotts.com. You will still have to redeem them at the park, so I recommend purchasing when you are there. You can also purchase any of these items a la carte, but you MUST purchase a ticket before redeeming it for the food or drink at the food kiosks. Individual tickets can be purchased at most quick service restaurant locations.
Tasting Card Savory Food Offerings
- Pork Bao bun dumpling with a boysenberry kimchi and Nam pla Spurs Chophouse
- Boysenberry Cajun shrimp served over a bed of buttery grits (Gluten Free) Spurs Chophouse
- Two chicken drumsticks bathed in boysenberry BBQ sauce (Gluten Free) Spurs Booth
Boysenberry Beer cheese soup with a boysenberry drizzle topped with brown butter croutons (vegetarian) Wilderness Dance Hall
- Grilled boysenberry sausage in a bun with boysenberry ketchup (Gluten Free bun available) Wilderness Dance Hall Booth
- Citrusy boysenberry ceviche with crispy tortilla chips (Gluten Free) Wilderness Broiler
- Homemade crunchy chips paired with a zesty boysenberry onion dip (vegetarian Gluten Free) Wilderness Broiler
- Hot pastrami sandwich on a pretzel bun with boysenberry mustard Wilderness Broiler
- Sautéed brussel sprouts topped with boysenberry balsamic and bacon (vegan if ordered without bacon, Gluten Free) Pemmican Pickle Booth
- Hearty boysenberry steak chili with an oven fresh boysenberry corn bread muffin (gluten free muffin available) Pemmican Pickle Booth
- Samosa’s with boysenberry chutney (vegan) Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Rich chocolaty boysenberry chicken mole on cilantro rice (Gluten Free) Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Elote rolled in boysenberry mayo topped with a boysenberry tortilla crumble and cotija cheese (vegetarian, vegan without the cheese) Chow House Booth
- Creamy mac and cheese bites with a tangy boysenberry ketchup (vegetarian) Calico Fry Co.
Tasting Card Dessert Food Offerings
- Glazed donut holes served with rich boysenberry ice cream and topped with boysenberry coulis (vegetarian) Ghost Town Bakery
- Boysenberry macaron, a sensational French dessert (vegan, Gluten Free) Ghost Town Bakery
- Boysenberry bread pudding topped with boysenberry coulis and anglaise sauce (vegetarian) Wagon Wheel Pizza
- A sweet boysenberry smoothie packed with fruity flavors (vegan, Gluten Free) Silver Bullet Booth
- Churros powdered with boysenberry sugar (vegetarian) Silver Bullet Booth
- Boysenberry Cookiewich (vegetarian) Silver Bullet in Dip N’ Dots Booth
Tasting Card Drink Offerings (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Refreshing lemonade with basil and boysenberry
- Boysenberry Beer
- Boysenberry Sangria
- Boysenberry Wine
- Boysenberry Mimosa
Craft Beer and Wine Tasting Card
If you only want to try the boysenberry themed alcoholic beverages, you can opt to purchase a separate Craft Beer ad Wine Tasting Card. This card is $35 and includes eight 7oz tastings of beer or wine, souvenir Knott’s cup, and cheese and nut plate. You can choose from 10 breweries and 10 wineries. The Craft Beer and Wine Tasting area is located in the Wilderness Dance Hall behind Town Hall in Ghost Town. You can purchase the Craft Beer and Wine Tasting card at the Wilderness Dance Hall.
Meal Plan Eligible Food Offerings
You can get “Meal Plan Eligible” foods through the All Season Dining, All Day Dining Plan, or All Day Dining Premium.
- Boysenberry BBQ Pulled Pork French Fries–La Papa Loca in Fiesta Village
- Plain Tamales with Boysenberry Sweet Sauce–Cantina in Fiesta Village
- Boysenberry Butter Grilled Cheese Sandwich, plain or with Pork Belly–Grizzly Creek Lodge in Camp Snoopy
- Boysenberry Sausage and Meatball Pizza–Beachy Keen’s
- Riblets in Boysenberry BBQ Sauce–Boardwalk BBQ
- Turkey Sandwich Burger with Boysenberry Aioli–Coaster’s
Other Noteable Boysenberry Festival Foods
These food items are not included on the Tasting Card or the Dining Plan, but can be purchased separately.
- Boysenberry Pork Shawarma Tacos with Mango Salsa–Spurs
- Two foot long Hot Dog on a Boysenberry Bun–$20, Fiesta Dogs
- Funnel Cake topped with a Stuffed Donut, boysenberry Ice Cream, and Boysenberry Whipped Cream–Sutter’s Funnel Cake and Cable Car Kitchen (outside the park)
- Boysenberry Funnel Cake topped with a Boysenberry Cookie and Ice Cream–Log Ride Funnel Cake and Cable Car Kitchen
- Boysenberry Shake topped with a Boysenberry Cake–Coasters and Cable Car Kitchen
- Fun Bun Cinnamon Roll with a Boysenberry Glaze–Ghost Town Grub
- Boysenberry Crepe with Bananas and Chocolate–Ghost Town Grub
- Boysenberry Churro Toffee–Berry Market located outside the park in the California Marketplace
- Boysenberry and Strawberry Boba–Gourmet Coffee Hut near Charles M Schulz Theater. I know everyone is excited about Boysenberry Boba, but I’ve never been able to get behind it. The Strawberry flavor is new this year, so I will try to keep an open mind. I’m putting it on this list because I know people are going to want to try it, but I can’t say I have been a fan in the past. Just my preference!
- Boysenberry Dole Whip (vegetarian, Gluten Free) Beachy Keen’s Pizza near Charles M Schultz Theater
What Food Plan Should I Get?
If you are only visiting for one day with your family or a group of friends, I would get a Tasting Card and an All Day Dining Premium. With this option, you will be able to try a variety of Boysenberry Festival foods in addition to the larger Meal Plan Eligible options, AND get the all day refillable souvenir drink bottle.
If you are a Season Passholder and visit often, I would add on the All Season Dining and buy a Tasting Card. I will always recommend adding on the All Season Dining if you are frequent visitors because the Dining Plan really does pay for itself. Read here how many plans I think you need within your family. I definitely recommend also buying the Tasting Card so you can try the limited time offerings as well.
If you are a vegetarian, I recommend buying the Tasting Card. I was impressed with how many vegetarian options that have been added this year. If you are splitting the card with a group of friends, I also recommend buying the Boysenberry Grilled Cheese (without pork belly) as a meal.
If you are vegan, I recommend buying the Samosas and Brussel Sprouts (without the bacon) a la carte. Unless you are splitting the Tasting Card with non-vegan friends, it just wouldn’t be worth it.
Whew that was a lot of information! I am happy to answer any questions you might have along the way. I also have a full video review of some of the foods we tried at the media preview on IGTV. You can contact me directly through dm on instagram @littlegraythread. I will be updating this article once Boysenberry Festival officially starts with more specific locations to find these delicious foods!