Knott’s Spooky Farm (not to be confused with Haunt Knott’s SCARY Farm) is the daytime family friendly Halloween layover in Ghost Town and Camp Snoopy. You do not need a special ticket for Knott’s Spooky Farm since it is included with your theme park admission. The activities in Ghost Town are only available on weekends and on October 31 while Halloween activities occur daily in Camp Snoopy.
Daily Activities in Camp Snoopy (During the week and weekends)
- “The Monsters are Coming Charlie Brown” show in Camp Snoopy Theater
- Meet the Peanuts Gang in their Halloween Costumes (more on that later)
- Grand Sierra Railroad Halloween Overlay
- Timber Mountain Log Ride: Halloween Hootenanny (this may be scary for young kids)
Weekend only Activities in Ghost Town (in addition to activities above)
- FREE Trick or Treating for kids 11 and under. Get your complementary purple bag when you first come in through the maingates. There are 6 Trick or Treat locations located throughout Calico. Look for the orange barrels.
- Meet the Ghouls of Ghost Town. Don’t worry–they’re all friendly ghosts!
- Ghoulash–about every hour, the ghouls gather in front of the school house to tell jokes
- Creepy Critters of Calico in the Livery Barn
- Linus’ Pumpkin Patch and activities in Calico Square
- “Calling all the Monsters” Costume Contest at Camp Snoopy Theater at 3:15
- Spooky Story Time show in the Birdcage Theater–comedic retelling of the Tale of the Headless Horseman
Halloween Peanuts Characters in Camp Snoopy
Most of the Peanuts Gang is dressed up in their Halloween costumes for Spooky Farm! Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy, and JT meet in the gazebo directly following “The Monsters are Coming Charlie Brown” show in Camp Snoopy Theater. Linus is the only character that is not wearing a Halloween costume since he is waiting for the Great Pumpkin in Calico Square. The other Peanuts Characters meet on various days all around Camp Snoopy. If you are looking for a specific character, you can ask an escort in a purple Spooky Farm tee shirt.
- JT in her 50’s outfit
- Snoopy as the Masked Beagle
- Frankenstein Charlie Brown
- Witch Lucy
- Skeleton Pig Pen (NEW!)
- Pumpkin Flower Sally
- Phantom of the Opera Schroeder
- Mummy Peppermint Patty
- Vampire Franklin
- Pirate Woodstock
- Linus in the Pumpkin Patch in Calico Square (no costume)
Ghouls in Ghost Town
My favorite part of Knotts Spooky Farm is playing with the friendly ghouls in Calico! Every ghoul has a unique storyline–ask them how they died! New ghoul Miss Issippi told me that the reason why she died is because she wore white after labor day. Nosy Posy is another new ghoul in town that is also known as the town gossip. Ollie Board is a railroad driver and my daughters love chasing him through Ghost Town. About every hour, the ghouls will congregate around the School House for “Ghoulash”, a time for jokes and puns.
Knott’s Spooky Farm runs weekends and on October 31. For more information, visit the Knott’s website here.