If there’s one thing everyone knows about Arizona, it’s that Arizona is HOT. Half of our family lives in the Scottsdale area so I’m always on the hunt for kid friendly indoor activities for when we visit. I came across the newly opened Crayola Experience located in the Chandler Fashion Center, mere miles away from Phoenix, Arizona. The entire Chandler Crayola Experience team was so sweet and sent me complimentary media tickets for my entire family to visit. All opinions are my own.
Crayola Experience is where the magic of Crayola comes to life! With 20,000 square feet of attractions, Crayola Experience is Arizona’s most colorful family destination for interactive, creative play! Since the girls’ love language is coloring, I knew this would be the perfect outing for them.
Explore 19 Unique Hands-On Attractions
There are more than 19 different Crayola themed attraction stations in over 20,000 square feet. I love how this experience mixed traditional visual arts with multimedia high-tech applications. There were several interactive attractions where you take a picture of yourself to be put in the art piece. In other stations, your art is scanned and is made to live on the screen which you can email to yourself. These were just some of the popular attractions:
- Be a Star: Star in your own coloring page by taking a picture in a photobooth
- Silly Selfies: Choose a silly digital mask and send your selfie to be displayed on the wall
- Drip Art: Create a spin art using melted crayons
- Rockin’ Paper: Create a 3-D frog and watch it dance to the music
- Meltdown: Make a masterpiece using melted crayons
- Rainbow Rain: Watch as your image catches virtual melted rainbow wax that is controlled by your movement
- Color Magic: Color a picture and watch it come to life on the screen
- Melt and Mold: Create a Crayola Keepsake car or ring by melting a crayon into a mold
- Scribble Square: Draw on the walls with chalk to your heart’s content in this mini neighborhood
- You Design: Design an outfit for a fashion show or a car for the big race. Send your creations to the projected screen
Take Home Activities
Included with your admission are several take home souvenirs. When you enter, each person is given two tokens. One token is to create a custom crayon wrapper in the Wrap it Up station. Choose between a variety of different crayon colors, pick a symbol, and come up with a unique name (we personalized them with our names). The other token can be used to buy a pack of Model Magic clay in the Modeling Madness Area. If you’d like more colors, you can also purchase additional tokens for 50 cents.
You don’t need a ticket to shop at the connected retail store. There, I found the most beautiful wall in my life: The Wall of Crayons. There were crayons of every color of the rainbow! You could buy a tin and fill it with as many crayons or markers that you could fit. There was also every Crayola product you could think of from crayons, markers, coloring activity sets, apparel and gifts.
Know Before You Go
- Crayola Experience is located inside the Chandler Fashion Center which is a lovely mall with several stores and eating areas. It is located near Nordstrom.
- Restrooms and Food for purchase are available inside Crayola Experience
- Allow about 4 hours to fully experience everything
- Since this is such a popular location, there are lines for the popular more time consuming attractions (Make a Mold, Drip art, and Meltdown). I recommend having the kids color at the tables while someone from your group waits in line.
- There are also a few activities that require an additional fee
- Skee Ball and other arcade games for prizes
- Mining for Rocks and Minerals
- Cast your hand in wax
Tickets and Annual Passes
Day tickets are $14.99 (kids 2 and under are free), and Seniors 65+ and Military have a discounted rate of $12.99. However, I have an exclusive link where you can get discounted tickets for $12.50! Disclosure: this is an affiliate link and I get 50 cents per ticket purchased through this link, but I just want to make sure that you get a discount! Annual passes are available for $29.99 individual or $99 for a family of 4. Annual passholders also get 20% off all food and merchandise. Birthday Parties can be organized by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchase discounted tickets for $12.50 here (affiliate link).