Knott’s Berry Farm 2020 season is going to be the BEST YET because they are celebrating the 100th Anniversary of California’s First Theme Park! 2020 Season Passes have just be released for sale on the Knott’s Berry Farm Website. Did you know that passes are only valid per calendar year, and they get MORE EXPENSIVE as the year goes on? But did you also know that if you buy a 2020 pass, you can still get in to Knott’s Berry Farm in 2019 for CHEAPER than if you were to buy a pass for this year? Since I am an official Knott’s Berry Farm Berry Blogger, my family received complementary passes for the 2019 season. Here’s everything you need to know:
Knott’s Berry Farm 2020 Season Pass Information for NEW Passholders
This information is if you currently DO NOT have a 2019 Knott’s Berry Farm Pass
- Passes are valid January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. If you buy a pass in April, it still will expire December 31 of 2020.
- When you buy a NEW 2020 Season Pass, you get one free entry in 2019
- If you buy a Gold Pass (which includes Soak City), you can use your free 2019 for Soak City for this year!
- If you’d like to visit additional times in 2019, you can buy UNLIMITED additional entries for yourself for $14.99. (Knott’s Scary Farm is not included)
- This means you can come back for Knott’s Spooky Farm (family friendly Halloween celebration weekends during the day) and Knott’s Merry Farm as many times as you want for just $14.99 a visit.
Renewal Information for Existing Knott’s Berry Farm Passholders
If you currently have a 2019 pass and are interesting in renewing for 2020, this information is for you.
- You can renew your pass online at knotts.com and enjoy a $10 discount
- You get a free Bring-A-Friend ticket valid any fall daytime from September 7, 2019-December 13, 2019.
- This means your friends can enjoy Knott’s Spooky Farm or Knott’s Merry Farm. Tickets are redeemable at the ticket booths.
- Payment plans are available for as low as $7 a month ($12 down for a purple pass)
What are the Different Types of Passes?
There are three levels of passes: Regular (purple), Gold (gold, obviously), and Platinum (gray).
Regular Purple Pass: $99 ($89 for renewals)
- Unlimited visits to Knott’s Berry Farm with no black out dates
- Admission to Peanuts Celebration, Boysenberry Festival, Knott’s Spooky Farm, Knott’s Merry Farm, and the 100th Anniversary celebration
- Early Entry and Bring-a-friend Discount Days
- 10% Discounts on select food and merchandise
- Parking is not included but can be added for $75
Gold Pass (includes Soak City): $120 ($110 for renewals)
- All the benefits of the Regular Purple pass, but includes unlimited admission to the 2020 Soak City Season
- 10% Discounts on select food and merchandise in both Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City
- Early Entry to both Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City on select days (this is very valuable especial for Soak City days–this will allow you the best opportunity to secure a lounge chair spot in the shade)
- Parking is not included but can be added for $75
Platinum Pass (includes all Ceder Fair Parks and parking): $197 ($191 for renewals)
- Unlimited visits to Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City 2020 Season
- Includes unlimited admission to all Ceder Fair Parks across the country (there is Great America in Northern California)
- 20% Discounts on select food and merchandise
- Parking is INCLUDED! ($75 value)
- Important note: the optional dining plan is $15 more with this option ($130 vs $115 for Regular and Gold).
Additional Pass Add-ons
- Parking: $75 add on to Regular Purple and Gold passes
- 2020 All Season Dining: $115 for Regular Purple and Gold or $130 for Platinum
- Enjoy 2 meals (spaced 4 hours apart) every single day, all season long
- 2020 All Season Drink Refills: $31.99
- Unlimited Drink Refills all season long! (15 minute cool down time between refills)
- Choose between the reusable Souvenir Bottle or the paper cup plan
- 2020 All Season Unlimited Digital Photos: $49.99
- Add FunPix to your pass to get unlimited digital photos from select rides, Peanuts Meet and Greets, or anytime a Knott’s Photographer snaps your photo
- 2020 Season Pass Locker Rentals: $150
- Don’t like to hold stuff and don’t like paying $15 each time? Get a year long pass for $150 (also valid at Soak City)
So What Pass Should I Get?
I definitely recommend getting at least the Gold Pass because by the time summer comes next year, you’re going to want to go to Soak City at least once (and by then, the Gold Pass will be $150 so might as well just buy it now for $21 more). The price difference between a Gold Pass plus Parking ($120 + $75) and the Platinum Pass ($197) is literally just TWO DOLLARS. The only downside is that the Meal Plan is $15 more, but with the higher discount on food and merchandise, I bet you could make that up throughout the year. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Meal Plan at least for some of your family passes. It pays for itself in less than 4 visits and it’s so nice not having to worry about buying food in the park.
In a nutshell, I would have one person in your family get the Platinum Pass, which includes parking. You can opt to add the meal plan on to your Gold Passes at a smaller rate. Here’s what I would do to buy season tickets for my two daughters and myself. I would get the Platinum pass for me (in case I have a random no-kid Knott’s Day, the parking would be on my pass), I would get the Gold Pass for my daughters and add the Meal Plan on to their Gold passes (since it is $15 cheaper). We are usually good with 2 souvenir drink refill bottles since the kids don’t drink as much as I do.
As always, season pass prices don’t go anywhere but UP, so run and secure this introductory pricing while you can! Take advantage of the 2019 entry offers and save yourself some money! 2020 is going to be the best year, especially with the 100th Anniversary Celebration. Keep your eyes out for all new entertainment and offerings! Follow along using the hashtags #Knotts100 and #AKnottsFamilyReunion.
For more of our Knott’s Berry Farm adventures, follow us on instagram @littlegraythread.